Below are recommendations for creating incremental traffic in the short-term, developed through analysis of our internal data, plus an assessment of what over 100 leading brands are doing consistently. On Wednesday, we will publish recommendations for driving another growth lever – average check spend.
Any Channel (Drive-Thru, Takeout, Delivery)
- Availability: Eliminate uncertainty by confirming hours of operation, and current promotions/specials, across all forms of media regularly.
- Consider sending a recurring email reminder of your hours and specials (while still maintaining relatively normal email frequency).
- Promotions and Discounting: Maintain 2 or 3 simple every day offers that will stay top-of-mind with consumers as a compelling alternative to cooking.
- Occasions: Create a mid-week special using a deep discount like “Kids Hot Lunch Wednesday” or “Date Night Thursday: Half Off Adult Beverages” to generate trial or an additional purchase occasion.
- Couponing: Free Item (including Buy One, Get One) during mid-week continues to be an opportunity to generate incremental visits.
- Reinforce availability with large “We Are Open” signage on-premise where possible, and include the easiest way to order (phone number or URL).
- Order wait times have become inconsistent. An assurance like “ready in 15 minutes” can keep you top of mind and increase consideration.
- Remind customers that orders can be delivered to a local friend, relative or an essential worker. These gifts can prompt a reciprocal purchase.
- Include re-order incentives with all delivery packaging.
The Fishbowl team remains committed to supporting your brand during this time. For additional information, contact us.